Trusts and foundations
We are building long-term relationships with a wide range of trusts and foundations to provide:
- Sexual and reproductive health and HIV and AIDS education
- Increase access to services
- Empower vulnerable communities, and advocate at local, national and international levels
Through relationships with trusts and foundations, we are able to develop long-term sustainable programmes to help marginalised and vulnerable communities to improve their maternal and reproductive health, prevent HIV and AIDS and protect their rights.
How trusts and foundations are already making an impact:
Trusts and foundations are already playing a significant role in helping Interact to reach and improve the lives of vulnerable communities throughout Africa and Asia.
In Ethiopia we're working to deliver a three year project, supported by The Positive Action for Children Fund which is preventing the transmission of HIV from mother-to-child.
The project is providing a community-led interventions in two of Ethiopia's poorest regions; to ensure a continued use of health services, prevent unintended pregnancies, and also supporting 13,000 women and young girls to generate an income. Lifting the burden of poverty which can exacerbate sexual and reproductive health problems and increases vulnerability to HIV.
A donation from your charitable trust or foundation will have a real impact on the lives of adolescent girls and boys, women or sexual minorities, in some of Africa and Asia’s poorest countries.
The Trustees of your charitable trust or foundation are welcome to support a specific project or area, choose a priority project or simply allow us to direct it where it is needed most. We will make sure your donation benefits has the biggest positive impact possible on the lives of marginalised people, and that you are kept up to date with the progress of the project by a dedicated member of the Trusts and Foundations team.
For example, your support could make a significant difference:
- £4,500 could pay to restore, staff and equip a disused rural clinic in India, offering essential new health services to communities that suffer high rates of maternal and infant mortality.
- £15,000 could help us launch an HIV and AIDS education programme in Pakistan. This sum could help us to offer vital information on HIV and sexual and reproductive health to sex workers and other high risk groups in Pakistan.
- £30,000 could help to launch a sexual and reproductive health programme in India that aims to protect young people living in slums from unintended pregnancy, HIV and AIDS and violence.
- £65,000 could help to build two youth centres in Malawi. These centres will provide counselling, education, and sports recreation to young girls and boys in order to prevent the spread of HIV, reduce maternal health issues and prevent unintended pregnancies.
- £150,000 could help to provide HIV awareness training, improve vocational and life skills, established support networks through social media for men who have sex with men in Kenya.
If you are a trustee or have links with a charitable trust or foundation, and would like more information, please contact Ryan Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 0300 777 8500. Your inquiry will be very welcome. Thank you.