This area is a container for articles and case studies.
- Transforming Adolescent Sexual Health in Bhubaneswar Interact has been working hard with Indian partner LEPRA to bring quality sexual and reproductive services and advice to young men and women in Orissa.
- Prisoners in Kenya: Tackling HIV We want to help the huge number of prisoners, ex-prisoners and their families living with HIV and AIDS in Kenya. Reduce new infections and help those living with HIV in prison lead healthy lives and have a chance at rehabilitation.
- Boosting Confidence in Pakistan We've been working on a project in Karachi since 2007 with our partners Pakistan Society and Pakistan Voluntary Health & Nutrition Association (PAVHNA). The Naya Qadam project promotes sexual rights and the empowerment of vulnerable groups such as sex workers and HIV positive people. It has had some great successes so far.
- Closing the Gaps between mothers and care Around the world hundreds of thousands of women still die in child birth each year. According to a 2010 report for every 100,000 women giving birth in Malawi, 675 die each year. For the most part these deaths would be prevented, if only those mothers had skilled attendance at birth, and a step towards the kind of health services that mean in the UK, less than 10 mothers in a 100,000 die giving birth.
- “Shared stigma, shared concerns, shared potential.” Interact Worldwide has been working on a project with our partner, SAATHII, since 2008, which aims to help bring equality and sexual and reproductive health care to 16,000 sexual minority people, and 25,000 people living with HIV and AIDS in Orissa and West Bengal, India.
- Temwa's Positive Story from Malawi Interact supported by Comic Relief, is running the "Positive Stories from Malawi" programme. Here you can read Temwa's 'positive story' about how with the help of her family and Interact partner NAPHAM, the programme helped her overcome her initial disappointment at her HIV status and start a new chapter in her life.
- The Universal Struggle - a special feature Interact Worldwide and Action for Global Health's Rachel Lander, charts Malawi's fight to achieve universal health coverage and improve care standards for its people
- Young People in Action: Empowering Ethiopian Adolescents Interact, in partnership with the Ethiopian Muslim Relief and Development Association (EMRDA), empowers young people to overcome poverty. We provide skill training and financial support to reduce their sexual health risks through our ‘Young People in Action’ project.
- Helping girls avoid early marriages in India Empowering women to take their own decisions regarding when, how and to whom they marry preserves their health and rights. Interact encourages the involvement of the whole society, especially young boys and girls as well as local leaders, to promote gender equality in India.
- Providing services and family planning information for women in Uganda Ugandan women face many challenges when it comes to choosing the size of their family. Interact provides knowledge about family planning and contraception, ensuring women have information and services available to make their own decisions.
- Supporting young people on family planning in Malawi Married and unmarried, two-thirds young Malawian women will have a child by age 20 because they are denied information about family planning and where to obtain it. Or because it is simply inaccessible.
- Family Planning - Pilirani's Story When she was 15 years old, Pilirani’s life changed completely. She became a single mother.